Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Thursday, May 26, 2005

15 Things About Me

Today is the day where you learn just a little more about me. Some surprising, some every day stuff. I tell you what, it's not easy to come up with 15 new things every week. Some people do the 100 things right off the bat. Not me. The best way to get to know someone is a bit at a time. Too much at once, it gets overwhelming. So, I thought that 15 things every Thursday would be a good amount. Not too much, not too little. However, next week, I think I might cut it down to 10 Things About Me every week. But, for this week, I am going to go ahead and do 15 Things, so get ready to find out something interesting about me this week. I will tell you which one of the things in my MeMe was a lie on the Three Things part of my Screaming MeMe post.

15 Things About Me:

1.) My top 5 pet peeves in any relationship, be it work, love or other is:
*Disprespect
*Disloyalty
*Abuse of any kind
*Cheating
*Bad mouthing the other person

I have to say, ashamedly, that I have broken one of my peeves before and that is bad mouthing the other person.
2.) I love to read. I have been reading since I was 3 and have developed a deeply ingraned love of the written word. I am picky about what I like though.
*Romance (natch!)
*Satire/Humor
*General Fiction
*Suspense/Horror
*Political perspectives and insider books about our government, it's leaders and the real story. Unless they're from liberal, left-leaning bashers of anything right leaning or Christian/Jewish. I can't stomach those b/c they leave a sour taste in my mouth. Yes, I like reading about politics. Surprised?

3.) I like odd smells. My favorite is rubbing alcohol, next is gasoline fumes, then brand new rubber tires. Though they are not my favorite smells, I really like them.
4.) I've been to Anne Rice's Vampire Ball in NOLA back when they still had them.
5.) I brush my teeth very thoroughly but don't floss every day.
6.) I collect greeting cards.
7.) I make really cool natural stone jewelry. Work mostly in Turquoise, Citrine and Amber, but I have done other pieces with raw Garnets and black pearls among others.
8.) I'm as nice as can be until you mess with me, my marriage, my family or my friends. Then I have all the warmth of a rabid pitt bull.
9.) My eyes look brown unless I'm pissed, "randy", been drinking a bit or the sun is shining directly in them. Then they can get light green on the outside with the brown in the middle.
10.) I love motorcycles. Can't really make them "go", but I'd like to learn. For now, I really love just hopping on and holding on tight! (And letting someone else get the bugs in their teeth). I haven't riden since before Matt and I started dating. I would love to own a Harley by the time I'm 36. *DROOL* Unfortunately, reality is that I probably will never own one. They're too darn expensive. I love their "rumble" though. *SIGH!*
11.) I prefer Coke. Can't stand Pepsi. It's too sweet for me. YUCK!
12.) My lie on the Screaming MeMe was...I've been skydiving. I've never been but would love to go. The other two are true.
13.) I prefer silver or white gold to yellow gold or platinum. Platinum is too dark of a metal.
14.) I used to have no freckles on my face, now I have some on my cheekbones.
15.) My birthday is one day before Matt's. I was born July 5, 1973. Matt was born July 6, 1973. I'm the "older woman".

You can find the previous 15 Things About me, here, here, and here.

No comments: