Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What's in a movie?



“As you wish”... 

These words make my heart beat a little faster and make my mouth curl in a wistful grin. Those words are the epitome of a love that has lived in my mind ever since I first saw the movie “The Princess Pride”. And, once upon a time someone even said to me, “This is true love, do you think this happens every day?” 

No. It doesn’t. 

In 39 years I have truly been IN love only twice in my life. I was blessed to find it twice. Most people don’t even find it once and settle for less than everything. Never settle. I did twice again, with two other very wrong people. Because I was lonely. Because I thought I'd found someone who said all the right words and loved me. But it wasn't a love with God as the foundation of the relationship. I've learned the difference between the right kind of love, the kind as how God defines it and with Him as the foundation, and the wrong kind of love, "love" as the world defines it, without a solid foundation.

Someday I will hear “As you wish” and it will be said to me by MY kind of Westley. But until that day, I will settle for nothing less than the absolute BEST. That one man who is the Westley to my Buttercup. The Boaz to my Ruth. The King Solomon to my Queen of Sheba.  

Why do I love this movie? It has the kind of love that is built on purity and TRUE love...the way God defines and see it. Plus, it is just a terrifically FUN movie for all ages and has something for everyone...  

Westley: As you wish.  
Grandpa: [voiceover] "As you wish" was all he ever said to her.  
Buttercup: Farm boy, fill these with water - please.  
Westley: As you wish.  
Grandpa: [voiceover] That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish", what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back.
  • Come my love I'll tell you a tale 
Of a boy and girl and their love story 
And how he loved her oh so much 
And all the charms she did possess 
Now this did happen once upon a time 
When things were not so complex 
How he worshipped the ground she walked 
And when he looked in her eyes he became obsessed. 

My love is like a storybook story 
But it's as real as the feelings I feel 
My love is like a storybook story 
But it's as real as the feelings I feel 
It's as real as the feelings I feel 

This love was stronger than the powers so dark 
A prince could have within his keeping 
His spells to weave and steal a heart 
Within her breast but only sleeping 

My love is like a storybook story 
But it's as real as the feelings I feel 
My love is like a storybook story 
But it's as real as the feelings I feel 
It's as real as the feelings I feel 

He said, "Don't you know I love you oh so much 
And lay my heart at the foot of your dress?" 
She said, "Don't you know that storybook loves 
Always have a happy ending?" 

Then he swooped her up just like in the books 
And on his stallion they rode away 
My love is like a storybook story 
But it's as real as the feelings I feel 
My love is like a storybook story 
But it's as real as the feelings I feel

No comments: