Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's about doing the right thing

You hear the sayings...probably have since you were a kid.

"Do what is right not what is easy"
"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even if nobody is doing it"
"Always do the right thing because it's the right thing to do...PERIOD!"
Let me ask you a question. Do you find it easier to do the right thing or the wrong thing?

If you find yourself struggling with that, rest assured, you're not alone. Doing what you know you shouldn't was a big burden for the Apostle Paul. In Romans 7:15-19 he says "I don't understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate, I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the wrong things I do not want to do...this I keep on doing."

I know that for me, the more I have grown spiritually, the harder it is for me to consciously do the things that I know to be wrong or displeasing in God's sight. It is almost like nails on a chalkboard to my soul. And my mind and spirit nags at me when I do consciously choose to do the wrong thing to the point where I'm miserable until I go and correct the wrong.

So why be miserable? Why do what you know to be wrong in the first place?

Yes, often it is easier to do the wrong thing but part of growing up and maturing...not just in spiritual matters but in life...means taking responsibility for your actions. It may be hard. It may not be popular. You may be the only one doing it. But do the RIGHT thing anyway.

Be the example you want your kids to see and grow up to emulate. Choose to do RIGHT always!

No comments: