Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Walking with God



My joy, my peace, my happiness in life is parallel with my walk with Christ. I've noticed that when I am not at peace, when I can't find joy, when I'm not happy in life...that's when I am wandering away from God instead of walking closer to Him. When I value the things of this world more than God's Word.

Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes as a warning to those who think they can be satisfied with what the world has to offer. Solomon had tried it all. He had taken of all the pleasures the world had to offer. He could speak with experience. All is vanity and vexation of spirit. Nothing under the sun offers any permanent profit. True contentment is found in God alone.

In the end, the wise man is he who fears God and keeps His commandments..."Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all. For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it be good or evil” (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)

*Fear of God means to be in awe of Him and show reverence to Him.

No comments: