Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Friday, May 12, 2006

FFT and Friday's Feast

So. Alien cow abductions...who knew they were such a big problem?

I mean seriously, other than on Southpark. However, it seems to be much worse than first anticipated or reported. This website will inform you all about the dangers of alien cow abductions and you can see pictures and read stories from those who have been through it so that you can prepare your herd for such an event...you know, just in case it ever happens on your farm/ranch/land. Prepare now or be sorry later! http://www.cowabduction.com/

Now it’s time for the Friday’s Feast. I’ve come to really enjoy the Thankful Thursdays and Friday’s Feast. It’s a cool way of being able to tell y’all more about what makes me...me.

Appetizer
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

It depends on where I go.
From the store – Blue Bell Ice Cream: Natural Vanilla Bean. It’s the closest to homemade vanilla ice cream straight from the old hand crank ice cream maker.
From Marble Slab Creamery – Cheesecake ice cream with lots of cherries mixed in. Not maraschino cherries, but the real tart, bing cherries with juice. YUM!
From Baskin Robins - Peanut Butter Chocolate and Jamocha. Nice dark Dutch chocolate and ribbons of frozen peanut butter that isn’t crunchy to eat but rather firm yet creamy. Jamoca is their coffee ice cream.

Those are the only 3 places I really eat ice cream at.

Soup
What are 3 things you would like to put in a time capsule?

1. Pictures of me and Emily.
2. A Twinkie and a Fruitcake to see if they’re still edible in 100+ years. LOL! I bet they are.
3. ?

I have never considered what to put in a time capsule so I don’t really have a 3rd selection. Maybe music or my Bible that has all the notes in the margins.

Salad
Name something you are 100% sure of.

I can name 2. That I will go to heaven when I die and that I love my daughter more than life itself (and that she loves me with all her little heart!)

Main Course
What is something you do to calm yourself when you're stressed or upset?

Good night nurse! When am I NOT stressed/upset lately. Um, I will listen to music; go for a long drive in the country with the windows open; do deep breathing exercises; talk to my best friends MC and/or Amy and most importantly talk to God about it.

Dessert
If you could receive an invitation to any important event, what would you like it to be?

Um, probably to be at all the VIP events for Sturgis and get the “schwag” (heehee!) or to go to all of the inauguration events for a President that I voted for. (And it won’t be a Democratic one either!)

10 comments:

ribbiticus said...

hi! great feast! i too am a ff participant. thanks for the tip on cow abductions too! lol!

rashbre said...

The last time martians landed here they took a few, but a couple of days later they brought them all back. They didnt use a cow tractor beam, instead they landed their space cloud, the cows walked towards it and the next thing you saw was the whole area flying up into the sky. in fairness, when they reurned the cows, they put everything back in the same places and even re-laid the grass in nice stripy patterns. We use the area as a cricket pitch now.

And hiya, Michele sent me!

rashbre

Prego said...

1. Good luck on that first salad thing. Send a postcard.
2. Your daughter is very lucky.


Nice to see you - here from Michele's
p

PS I just caught the tail-end of a newscast. Is there another one of those "Waco" things brewing in the Lone Star State? Looks like heaven's going to be a little packed this month. :)

Star said...

Hi. Michele sent me.I had the best Gelato the other day, and reading about your ice cream reminded me. Dark bitter chocolate and Pina Colada.

Aginoth said...

Are aliens really that fond of burgers?

Michele sent me :o)

Anonymous said...

Never heard of the Friday Feasts until I stopped by today. I am more of a Weary Parent than I thought.

:)

Mitey Mite said...

Just have to take issue with you on one little thing -- what makes you think fruitcake is edible NOW?

Michele sent me.

Duke_of_Earle said...

But what makes you think a fruitcake would be edible NOW? Let alone 100 years from now? Does aging convert it from sawdust and cardboard to real food?

Oops. I just read the comment above. But I wrote this BEFORE I read that, honest!

John

Jennifer said...

i am cracking up over your idea to put a twinkie and fruitcake in the time capsule! i bet they will still be edible!!!!

i play FF too!

utenzi said...

Michele sent me, Nicole.

My favorite flavor of ice cream is butter nut crunch but I rarely ever see it. I do like vanilla, if it's done right, and black russian isn't bad from Ben & Jerry's.

I've never thought much about alien abductions of cows....