Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday's Feast and a reminder FFT

Don't forget to check out the post below this one to leave me an AskNic question.

Enjoy this week's Friday's Feast!

Appetizer
Which language would you like to learn and why?

Arabic or Farsi so that I could work with our government or some anti-terrorist organization and go online and try and help them bust terrorist plots against us and our interests.

Soup
What's the funniest thing you've heard or read so far this week?

There hasn't been much to laugh about this week. Work has been very tense all around - the tension there with EVERYONE is almost tangible and a couple of other things in my personal life - one of which I will post about after tomorrow.

Salad
Which movie was so bad you couldn't watch the whole thing?

I can't remember a movie but I can remember several books. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one so I know which movies to avoid!

Main Course
If there were a holiday in your honor that didn't use your actual name, what would the day be called?

Oh heck, I have no idea. They already have Mother's Day and to me that is the best thing that I do so I'm not sure what else there would be.

Dessert
Name one movie which is coming out soon that you would like to see.

Ok, I saw the new James Bond movie and I have to say AWESOME! BEST BOND MOVIE EVER! Daniel Craig isn't conventionally handsome and he knows it so he works harder and just shines in his role as the new Bond. I've seen it twice and will see it again. It's just a fabulous, back to basics, cheese and smarm free, action-filled movie.

The other movie I would like to see is The Nativity Story. Word of mouth reviews have been really great and it tells the story of the birth of Jesus in a very well crafed, well acted movie.


Today's FFT is one that I mentioned earlier in the week:

As mentioned, I received an invitation to my very dear friend Captain Picard's Annual Christmas party and I wrote a post about it from my POV. It is up right now. I encourage you to go read it along with the SEVERAL other posts about the party on his blog up now and those coming up over the next couple of days. Every year this is a blast to participate in and I hope you head on over there and enjoy! If you check it out, Tell the good Captian I sent you.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thank you for the mention. You might want to take another look at your entry. I've successfully managed to put 'Silent Night' on.