Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday for February 24 - Psalm 8:1

Can you spot the angel in the cloud?


I was at my mom's house when I happened to walk outside and see one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever witnessed. The sky was on fire with gold brilliance, as if it had just been poured from the furnace, molten and pure. Rimmed by clouds of mauve and dusty rose, the golden light seemed to bounce back and forth, as light might bounce off of water and then reflect on the ceiling. The only thought I had was . . . MAJESTY! This is what majesty looks like! Splendor, glory, perfection . . . majesty. God's majesty. I took the picture and went back in to my computer and downloaded it. Something caught my eye. Can you see it? I saw the angel in the cloud, worshiping the very majesty I had been witness to for that all too brief couple of moments.

Angels are everywhere. They worship, they glorify, they help, they comfort, they protect. This picture was taken during the time when I was going through a very painful divorce, as mentioned in yesterday's "In Other Words" post. This picture gave to me, for that brief moment, the knowledge that we are never alone. That we are always watched over and that the very angels who watch over us, glory in the very same moments of perfection that we do.

Maybe you can see the angel now:


If you would like to join us for “Word Filled Wednesday” drop by Susan or drop by “The 160 Acre Woods” to find out more about how to participate in “Word Filled Wednesday


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Peggy said...

Blessings Nic...How majestic is our LORD and the heavens & earth that He has set His glory and power! Halleluia!!! This is a beautiful photo... I kept gazing at it... the glory ...the aura ... believing I saw the angel to the left than doubting that what I saw was...not knowing that you shared it further down if I had continued. I so believe that God send His angels just when we need them. Though they carry messages, they do all that you shared ... I personally would like a message but to be in God's presence and enJOY a majestic site
of this sunset and they angel... would do. Thank you for sharing this and your wonderful words!

Dancing with angels and praising the LORD for His creation & the beauty! Glorious photo and verse!
EnJOY a blessed WFW!

April said...

What a spectacular photo! Often I marvel at His majesty! Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
April

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh wow! What an amazing picture! I would not have noticed the angel if you had not mentioned it. I wonder how many we miss with our human eyes. And I love the scripture. I remember an old chorus based on it. Thanks for brightening up my day!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Your word picture of the picture is almost as beautiful as the picture itself. We can definitely see majesty of our Creator in nature.

Pia said...

wow! it's truly majestic --- both the photo and the Lord! it's so beautiful, nic!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

That is a majestic sunset! Great Pic & a wonderful verse .
Blessings,
~Myrna

From the Heart said...

What a beautiful picture with the angel. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

I have a newspaper picture that belonged to my mother and was taken years ago that shows Jesus in the clouds. I will have to find it and see if I can scan it on to my computer.
Have a blessed day.

Amydeanne said...

how cool is that!
I've had a few pictures with God's images in it as well.
He is amazing, isn't he?

Ozjane said...

What a glorious picture and great word to match.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Awesome pic and verses! What a blessing to watch!