I never numbered the gifts in my life, but am going to start today until I get to 1,000 (and beyond!)! B/C today's gift is the single MOST important one, I am just posting ONE. The rest of them will have multiple gifts. :-)
1. The gift of Salvation. I KNOW where I'm going when I die. It's not some vast, empty space or cold, hard ground with Squiggy, Squirmy, Wiggly, Wormy and Bob for company. Because if God's gift of His son to US so that, through the death and resurrection of Jesus, we can have life eternal and everlasting in a place with no more fears, tears, worries, hurts, angers, loss, grief or disappointments. Instead we will live forever in a land where there is no night, only joy, happiness, fellowship, worship, laughter and love. THAT is my number one gift! Because He lives I can face tomorrow, because He lives all fear is gone; because I know He holds the future and life is worth the living just because He lives.
Click the link via the picture above to see how to participate in One Thousand Gifts (some do it on Mondays, but I do mine on Thursdays for right now)
~1 Thessalonians 5:18~ Give thanks to God in all circumstances (no matter what they may be), for this is God's will for you (who are) in Christ Jesus.
Ahhh, the circumstances of life...some good, some not so good. It's always a struggle to give thanks for the not so good moments, but that is what I am focusing on today because I believe and I know that God gives us those moments for a reason.
I am thankful for the moments of chastisement, yes, those painful, uncomfortable moments we all would rather not ever have to deal with. But, really, without them we would never be given the opportunity to learn and grow from those mistakes or areas where we need improvement and without growth, we become stagnant and when we become stagnant, just like water, we become sour, unpalatable and a host for all manner of things that are unpleasant whether it be attitude, demeanor, outlook, how we react to a situation or person, etc. It's the same with our spiritual life. God uses His chastisement to make us aware of where we are lacking spiritually and where we need to improve in order for us to become more like who God wants us to be.
I am thankful for Oscar not having had a job since the first part of October. While it is financially worrisome, it has allowed me to give that worry and concern over to God and He has provided 100% and then some for us. It has shown me that God provides completely for those who let Him take the reins. As one saying says (with a modification by me), "If God is your co-pilot, then you'd better swap seats and give Him the controls". It has also allowed Oscar and I to become closer to each other and be there for each other in ways that we couldn't have if he were still working an out of state job.
Learn more about Thankful Thursday here.
View More Thankful Thursday Participants
Get The Code
13 Ways I Express My Love to My Family:
1. I tell them
2. I hug them
3. I give them unexpected treats/gifts
4. I make sure they are clothed, fed and have shelter
5. I actively listen to them
6. I read to them
7. I sing to them
8. I cook for them
9. I take care of them when they're sick and do what I can to make them feel better
10. I praise them
11. I brag on them to others
12. I write "love" letters to them
13. I pray for them
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants