Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thankful Thursdays

I visited my dear friend No Average Girl last week Thursday and she had a great weekly post called "Thankful Thursdays". It was her first week to do it and I thought it was so neat that I am participating in it too. There are quite a few out there who are starting to participate in the "Thankful Thursdays" posts and I have some of the links listed below. I hope you enjoy the newest addition to Nic’s Place and that it will help you to count your blessings as well.

~1 Thessalonians 5:18~ Give thanks to God in all circumstances (no matter what they may be), for this is God's will for you (who are) in Christ Jesus.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Thankful Thursday: What Nic is thankful for this week


Knowing that my eternal future is secure, that no matter what I have done that God has promised to forgive me if I sincerely ask and then He will remember it never again. (Psalm 103:12)
Emily who loves me just as I am and who is my true miracle child – I thank God for her several times a day.
My mom who is my rock, my supporter and one of my best friends.
Friends who understand and care (you know who you are and what I mean).
Our men and women in uniform who are confronting a menace to our world as great as that fought by previous generations fighting Nazism and communism and who are putting their lives on the line to keep me and my family safe and for ensuring that the freedoms we enjoy now we can continue to enjoy.
The United States of America because every one of us has this country to thank for enabling us to live lives of unprecedented freedom where we are free to legally worship in our own ways, say what we want and express our views, dress as we want and so forth and so on without fear of being thrown into "re-education camps" or worse.
Today – another day on this earth I get to spend with those I love the most. And a beautiful day it is! Perfect in every way. 74 degrees, cool breeze, sunny, low humidity. This is a perfect weather day!

Links to other Thankful Thursdays
No Average Girl
Sting My Heart
Ladybug Crossing
Nightingale
Child of God
Friday’s Child
Yellow Roses Garden

(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)


Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!



5 comments:

no_average_girl said...

glad to see you joined me! :-) what a great first list! doesn't it just make you feel all warm inside when you begin to count your blessings?

Chrixean said...

Hi Nic! Thanks for leaving a comment and for joining Thankful Thursdays. That is a wonderful list you have there. god is truly a great reason to be thankful each waking day! I will add you to the TTH blogroll. My Thankfuls are up as well. :-) God bless!

ribbiticus said...

what a great list of things to be thankful for! :)

michele sent me back!

carmilevy said...

I love the sentiment of this entry. How wonderful for all of us to take some time to reflect on what we are thankful for. Thanks for reminding us what's truly important.

Popped over from Michele's today. I always enjoy reading your blog.

Mike Jones said...

That #1 says it all, really. Without that, none of the rest mean quite as much.

I like the Thankful Thursday thing. I think I'll join up!