Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Sunday, November 19, 2006

After the party

Ok, so no massage and the Gala was ok. The white wine they had already in the glasses tasted almost like vinegar - YUCK! But it was a nice time to go and get dressed up. The food was passable - though they had a to die for cheesecake with these brandied cherries that were so liquered up they make my tongue burn delightfully. The music was pretty good, they brought in a band from the 60's/70's era "The Impressions" and they were awesome to listen to and then at 11 they had a DJ playing more contemporary music. However, after all is said and done, I'm still a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. Getting dressed up is fun every now and then, but I wouldn't want to do it too often.

I went to see the new James Bond today - OH MY GOODNESS! I am a Bond fan and I think that this might be the best one yet. This movie let you know just how Bond came to be the enigmatic, insouciant, international spy who trusts no one. WOWZERS! I will definitly see this one again in the theater. It was full of action, humor, edge of your seat, cringe-worthy moments, heartbreak and it really showed off the new Bond to perfection - if you've seen it, you know what I mean. Daniel Craig IS Bond - aside from Sean Connery, I think he is my favorite Bond. He really gets into the role and plays it well. It's darker and edgier than the majority of the other Bond movies and it lacks the cheesy, smarmyness of the others as well. This is an in your face, raw movie. If you're looking for great action - go see this one.

Ok, as promised here are some pics of me at the Gala (and prior to it)

The pre-Cinderella, pumpkin me. Yes, I am wearing absolutely no makeup. This is the only time you will see a picture of me thusly unattired.



Taa-daa - It's magic! Much better.


The full length shot - I put the straps on b/c without them I would have been showing much more of myself than I wanted to. Unfortch, being, ahem, larger on top than the average female makes me appear more "Rubenesque" in photos than what I really am.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

As you can see from the above comment on wearing the straps you can clearly see why I need them in this shot. Bustiers are good for squeezing in and lifting up - especially when one sits down. That was interesting to deal with at the table.


This is me with part of the city in the background.


The princess is about to turn back into a pumpkin - and YES I do have my dress on still in this shot.


My apologies if these turn out a little skewed on your monitor. I tried resizing them via html and some computers don't take the resizing very well.

I do have shots of me at the Gala, but b/c they have people that I work with in them, I can not post them here. :( Just playin' by the rules and don't want to get in trouble b/c, believe it or not, they do check on my blog every now and then to see if I have written anything about work. Anything I write must be kept "generic" and photos of who I work with are not generic.

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Thanks for telling us what happened at the party; you look just great in that outfit, Nic! A well-chosen dress that really complements you.

Unknown said...

Nice photos Nic and a fun time! Hope you can stop by soon! I agree about the T-Shirts and Jeans--same for me too! lol!