Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Two for One

You get the Thankful Thursday AND the Friday's Feast in the same post today! WooHoo!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is my own version of the Successories style photos. I took this last night from in front of my house as the storms from the cold front moving down started sweeping across the area. This was taken about an hour before they hit. I originally had taken this shot b/c the rays were so pretty and the sunset area seemed like it was lit by a golden fire. It didn't look like this through the viewing screen of my digital camera, but when I downloaded it onto my computer it just popped out at me and I had to stare in awe at the beauty of the picture.

If you have any sort of imagination (as Anne Shirley would say) then you can see the cloud to the left and how it looks like an angel with outspread wings facing toward the majesty and glory of the awesome sunset. If you don't, here is a "rendering" of said angel outlined on the picture rather crudely (sorry, my pixilated outlines aren't so hot):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Now, go back up to the original picture and see if you can see the angel now without the help from the outline.

Just like my daddy did when he was alive, I love to take pictures. My father was one of the most amazing amateur nature photographers that I knew and I think that somehow he would have been so pleased with this shot. I can almost hear his voice now in my ear talking about the shot. I think he would have been proud.

~1 Thessalonians 5:18~ Give thanks to God in all circumstances (no matter what they may be), for this is God's will for you (who are) in Christ Jesus.

My Peace I Leave With You



Thankful Thursday: What Nic is thankful for this week


Cooler temps b/c 90's in October is just ridiculous unless you're in the Bahamas or something (go 54 degrees! – a real blessing after the 91 of yesterday)
God's majesty and glory that allows me to take photos like the one above and capture just a hint of the beauty that God creates with His paintbrush
Friends, family and faith that help pull me though the tough times
Truth, honesty and openness – without it, no relationship will survive
This may sound paltry but an awesome football team to cheer for this Saturday – sorry 167th in Iraq but "GO HORNS GO!"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Links to other Thankful Thursdays:
Unicorn Child (new "home" of ThT and code)
A Child of God
A Revision
Anna's Place
As My World Turns
Friday's Child
Imagine Bliss
Journaling Through the Valley
LadyBug Crossing
Momma's Life
Mommy Does It All
Mommy Needs To Vent
Nightingale
no_average_girl
Show Them Through Me
Sting My Heart
Uzi's Musings
Yellow Rose's Garden

(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)


Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!





Friday's Feast

Appetizer
What is your favorite beverage?

Non-alcoholic: Sonic Cherry Limeade
Alcoholic: Italian Margarita and Guinness (not together)

Soup
Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.

Pictures of Emily and Dan, laminating machine and purchase requests to be processed

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?

I would say at my best a 10, at my worst probably around a 7.

Main Course
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?

I have no idea. I've never thought about it.

Dessert
What stresses you out? What calms you down?

Stresses: Conflict, not having enough money to pay all the bills and Em's tuition, not hearing from Dan, traffic, sometimes Emily and that makes me feel terribly guilty

Calm: Emily, hugs and kisses and holding hands, affection, knowing that I am loved and wanted and needed, red wine and bubble baths, certain songs, sometimes quiet times alone with God - feeling His presence in the midst of the hurts and storms of my life

3 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Gorgeous photo, Nic. The angel is very clear, as is God's majesty!

John

carmilevy said...

That image is stunning. The color almost leaps off the screen. Good photography takes you there, convinces you that you're experiencing it directly and not simply on a two-dimensional plane.

Looks like I'll be looking up a little more often from now on!

Anonymous said...

Anne Shirley is one of my FAVORITE characters - I love that you mentioned her! Great picture, great blog - thanks for sharing...