Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday's Feast

So, here we are on another Friday. It's promised to be a HOT one here. Easily mid-90's today. UGH! Tomorrow is the BIG Red River Rivalry between Texas and OU. GO HORNS GO! I will be watching the game from the comfort of the recliner in my living room in front of my 51" widescreen TV. Maybe with a beer or two on hand, or a margarita and a nice HOT cheesy pizza. Em is at her dad's this weekend so I can be a grown up this weekend.


So today we have the Friday Feast.


Appetizer
Name a song you know by heart.


Which one out of the hundreds I know do you want me to name? I'll name "Baby Mine" from Dumbo for my sweet Em, "Amazing Grace" – ALL the verses – for me and "The Eyes of Texas" just for fun! GO HORNS GO!

Soup
What will you absolutely not do in front of another person?


There's A LOT I wouldn't do in front of another person but for this exercise I will choose "pick my nose" in front of another person.

Salad
How often do you use mouthwash and what kind do you like?


I use the Crest Pro Health mouthwash, usually every other day.

Main Course
Finish this sentence: I am embarrassed when...


Oh, hmmmm, I am embarrassed when, well, there's not a lot that I am embarrassed about. I guess I would have to say probably when a certain noise unexpectedly escapes from the hind part of me or when I am around anyone who is very profuse in cussing in public places. It makes me want to crawl away and hide somewhere. Also, when I'm with someone who burps out loud in restaurants, repeatedly and makes no effort to conceal or quiet them. The X did that all the time – burped out loud in restaurants and didn't care who heard him, even though it was rude and showed poor manners. Actually I guess those last two are more like pet peeves than embarrassments. They tick me off.

Dessert
What was the last food you craved?


That would be a good center-cut tenderloin steak and my mashed potatoes.

1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I agree with your thoughts there, Nic, especially the 'main course' ones.