Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday's Feast and a Public Service FFT for Halloween

Appetizer
Create a new candle scent.

I would create a scent that was a mix of jasmine, gardenia and vanilla. Three of my favorite scents. Jasardenilla.

Soup
Name one way you show affection to others.

I am a very touch feely person - I love giving hugs and kisses and holding hands.

Salad
What is your favorite writing instrument?

A rollerball gel pen. Very smooth, no skips or catches.

Main Course
If you were given $25 to spend anywhere online, from which site would you buy?

I have no idea. I generally don't buy online.

Dessert
Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, what are you going to be?

I am going to be a mommy. :) Though, and I'll have to see if I can find and scan a picture later, but I used to dress up as the suicidal bridesmaid. I had a lot of bridesmaid dresses to "reuse" and so I could get them good and "bloody". I was so good at making myself look dead and bloody that The X's former boss saw me the Halloween of 1998 when I walked into their store (he had forgotten it was Halloween) and thought I had been in an accident and was about to try and administer first aid and call 911. LOL!

Nic's Question: What are you dressing as for Halloween and do you have anything you are doing or anywhere you are going for Halloween?

We are going to the Fall Festival at our church. Emily is really excited about the it b/c on Halloween night our church has this HUGE Fall Festival every year to take the focus off of the macabre part of Halloween that so many tend to focus on (see my dessert answer above). She's 5 and I don't think she needs to be exposed to the monster/bloody/gory costumes out there quite yet. She has quite an imagination and I know that she would most likely have nightmares from them, plus this is a safe environment that is WAY more fun than just going door to door asking for candy that they never get to eat that much of anyway. Our church does really cool moonwalks and games and train rides, there's face painting and they have a petting zoo and good food, etc. Plus you know that the candy there is safe too and hasn't been tampered with. They do not allow unopened bags of candy, receive them that night and distribute the candy between the games the kids play that night as soon as the candy is received.

Today's Public Service FFT:

Please be careful this Halloween with your kids. Many sexual predators and child molestors like Halloween so that they can be around unsuspecting kids giving them candy. Many cities are having a child molester round up that afternoon and are keeping the perverts out of the way until Halloween is over.

If you want to know where the sexual predators around your house or your child's school is located, the BEST place to go is www.familywatchdog.us. It is a National Sex Offender Registry site that maps where the perverts live in proximity to your house and to your child's school. Best of all, it is FREE! Have a happy and safe Halloween.

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That watchdog is a good thing, Nic

cmhl said...

suicidal bridesmaid!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I got a really trashy wedding dress one time @ goodwill, and went as "the bride wore blood". hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahah