Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday's Feast

No FFT this week. I'm sorry I've just been too exhausted to look for one. I've been averaging coming home between 8 and midnight from work these past two weeks, dealing with my insomnia that has me falling asleep around 1, waking about 3 or 4 times minimum and still getting up between 5:30 and 6:00 in the morning for the next day.

I'm taking off tomorrow to play on a 400 acre ranch of some friends outside of New Braunfels, TX for the weekend. Some very dear friends are traveling the country and are in Texas right now and since they do travel the country these are people who we rarely get to see. I organized a gathering in Branson in June and I had 5 months to prepare for that one. This one, I have had 2 weeks to prepare for it. And this one has about 16-20 families coming to it. I can't wait! But after this I will need a break from the past few weekends! I'll post pictures after I get back.

Until then here is the Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
What is your favorite herb or spice?

Basil - hand's down! I make the best cream tomato basil soup with it. YUM! I love the smell of rosemary but more for an aromatherapy use. I grow both in my little herb garden in the back yard along with different kinds of mint and lavender. Smells wonderful when they're watered!

Soup
Name a song you like but haven't heard in a long time.

Hmmmmmm, Bring On The Rain by JoDee Messina, Fields Of Gold (the Sting version) or I Drove All Night by Roy Orbison - that one I haven't heard in over a year.

Salad
If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?

Seriously? At least 15 or 20.

Main Course
Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).

I have an aunt, by marriage, who is the niece of the Reverend Robert Schuler of the Crystal Cathedral. She's not too enthusiastic about him.

Dessert
What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?

Well, I've stayed awake before for about 48 hours with only about 3-4 hours of sleep in between them. Does that count?

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Enjoy yourself there, Nic

Shelley said...

Okay, here's my list...

APPETIZER:
What is your favorite herb or spice?

Basil - in agreement with you Nic. Always makes my chicken and soups downright scandelous.

SOUP:
Name a song you like but haven't heard in a long time.

Islands in the Stream - Kenny & Dolly...WOOT WOOT!

SALAD:
If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?

Around 5.

MAIN COURSE:
Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).

My hubby was scouted in Jr. High as a pitching prospect for the Montreal Expos. My father, in High School, for the St. Louis Cardinals.

DESSERT:
What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?

Agreed...48 hours with only about 3-4 hours of sleep in between them.

Sorry to hear you are suffering from insomnia Nic....will keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me.
Cream of Tomatoe and basil soup...now that sounds absolutely yummy!