Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday's Feast and the FFT

Appetizer
Measured in minutes or hours, how much exercise have you had in the last week?

Sadly, maybe 10 minutes. I've been working extremely late hours this week so I've been mostly sitting on my rear, compsing and editing master documents.

Soup
If you had to change your blog title to something else, what would it be?

My brain really isn't working this morning and thinking of one is a bit of a strain on it. (And no that isn't the name of the blog)

Salad
Name one television show you watched when you were 9-12 years old.

Dukes of Hazzard baby - all the way! The originals not the re-runs.

Main Course
If someone gave you $50 to spend with the one condition that it had to be educational, what would you purchase?

I'd take Emily to the children's museum here in town and pay the entrance on that as well as get some educational activities from their store in the museum.

Dessert
Do you tend to prefer dark colors, neutral shades, or lighter/pastel hues?

Since I can wear pretty much any shade I don't have a preference really. It depends on my mood and the situation. Formal...dark colors - black or gray. Casual...anything.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This Friday's FFT is brought to you by my office. Ok, well, not actually by my office, but by a co-worker at my office. I am sure you will get a huge kick out of it! I sure did. :-)

So, I'm sure you all have seen the motivational posters that hang around offices and such right? You have such pictures and "definitions" for things such as TEAMWORK or COURAGE and on and on. They're supposed to be MOTIVATIONAL and, frankly, I find them slightly annoying – though there are a couple that I do like.

Well, if you are like me and like a good laugh – why not take a look at the DEMOTIVATORS from :-( Despair, Inc.? I guarantee you will get a belly laugh or ten from these outrageously funny parodies of the motivational posters.

And, for an extra added bonus, they have a DIY section. Yes, you read me correctly. You can make your own DEMOTIVATOR picture to send to a friend. Try your hand at it HERE.

You can also make your own 16 month calendar with your favorite DEMOTIVATORS on it and then buy it. If that is more your style, you can create one HERE.

Have a blast with this favorite site!

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I loved the Demotivators! Hilarious!

Duke_of_Earle said...

Nic,

Some of those demotivators are priceless! (But for everything else, there's MasterCard!)

John

no_average_girl said...

hey nic! Just trying to let everyone know I'm back up and going...but it wouldn't let me have back my original URL, which I'm still working on, but I've missed my blogging buddies :-)

The new URL is http://noaveragegirl1.blogspot.com

Love you!!!