Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Monday, April 05, 2010

Monday Memeday for April 5, 2010


Have you been Saved? Yes
Have you been Baptized? Yes
Which church do you attend? First Evangelical Free Church, Austin, TX
Do you read your Bible daily? No. I should though. I'm going to work on reading through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation
Where is your Bible right now? Probably in Nate's diaper bag still from church yesterday
Which version of the Bible do you read? NIV, KJV and NKJV
What's your favorite book in the Bible? I don't have just one favorite. I like Psalms for the prayers to God and assurances, I like Proverbs for the wisdom, I like Daniel for the prophetic chapters showing us how the nations will be, I like Romans for the exhortation to Christians and the Christian life, I like Ephesians for the encouragement for Christian families and how we are supposed to act toward one another, I like Revelation b/c it tells us how the world ends and is very thought provoking as to how the Seven Lampstands representing the Seven churches of the day correlate to the Church after the death of Christ through present day.
Do you listen to Christian Music OUTSIDE of Church? Yes, but not all the time
Favorite Biblical Person? John the Apostle
Why? He got to SEE the end of all things and the new heaven and new earth! He got to SEE what we can only guess about and read about until such a time as we are called Home
Anything you just don't understand? No. I wish I could say that I don't understand why the suffering, why the pain, but I do understand b/c it is brought about b/c of our sin nature.
Would you name your child after someone in the Bible? I did. Emily's middle name is Abigail - who was one of King David's wives. Nathaniel was the youngest disciple of Jesus. If I have a girl, her name will be Hannah Grace and Hannah was the mother of the prophet Samuel. She was barren and asked God to bless her with a child and He did. Hannah means Grace of God. If this baby is a boy his name will be Jacob Thomas. Jacob was the son of Isaac and Rebekah and twin brother of Esau. Jacob fathered 12 sons and a daughter, who became the ancestors of the nation of Israel, which is the name Jacob himself received after wrestling with an angel. And Thomas was one of the disciples of Jesus who was told to touch His wounds in order to believe it was really the resurrected Christ.
Favorite passage? I don't have just one.
Do you pray a lot? I definitely do, but not as much as I should
Define prayer: Prayer is a conversation with God, a dialogue of worship, praise, supplication, listening, pouring your heart and hurts out to Him, trusting Him that He hears and obeying the answers He supplies you with. The best prayers I've ever had are ones where I just come before Him and talk to Him like He was in the room with me.
Are your friends Christians? Most are, yes. However, even Jesus ate with the non-believers, so I do have several non-Christian friends as well and try to be an example to them as well.
What do you think of other religions? All I can say is that ONLY through Jesus do you get to heaven. By no other way, and that's what all other religions teach. They do not teach by Faith alone, through Christ alone, by Grace alone. There's always something else that must be done to "earn" one's place or a "better" place into heaven
What is your strongest Spiritual Gift? Probably my encouragement
Do you share the word of God with others? Not like open air preaching, but if someone wants to talk about their beliefs, I'm going to have a discussion with them about what I believe.
Do you believe in Reincarnation? No. Hebrews 9:27 says: It is appointed for man to die ONCE, and after that face judgement.
When was the last time you read the Bible? Read some scripture yesterday
When was the last time you went to Church? Yesterday
Do you go to Sunday school? No
Do you participate in your Church activities? Some of them but I have a very busy life and kiddo bedtimes so I do what fits in to our family schedule apart from Sunday.
Do you tithe? Not right now b/c we are trying to make ends meet.
Do you think it's best to let your children find their own way No. It is best to teach them in the admonition and fear of the Lord so that when they grow up they will not stray from what they have been taught. It saves them a lot of pain in the long run. Trust me, I know only too well what happens when one strays.
Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? YES!
Do couples that pray together stay together? I believe so, yes.
Do you find yourself in tears quite often in Church? Only sometimes. More often, I get goosebumps over something our pastor has said that resonates with me.

No comments: