Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?

Whenever my brain shuts off - usually after midnight sometime. Yes, I'd LOVE to be able to get a full 8 hours of sleep with no wake ups, disturbances, etc.

Soup
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?

I give more. I am the person that most people I know come to with a problem for me to help them with, for whatever reason

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.

I ate several dinners with members of the Dallas Cowboys when their training camp was here in Austin. I was friends with their head of security (a feisty, former military, short woman who could take down a man 3 times her size without blinking an eye) and got invited to many of their BBQ's and private parties. I know, it's not so personal, but I'm not in a personal sharing mood today.

Main Course
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.

Stephen King's "The Stand". It made me really think about the grouping between good and evil and the potential for greatness within them both - it's just how you choose to do with what gifts you have and what kind of person you are on the inside that tells you and others what side you "Stand" on.

Dessert
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?

Sparkling grape juice - it's carbonated and bubbly. YUM!

I will be posting the answers to the Ask Nic questions this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Lucky you regarding the Dallas Cowboys.

Unknown said...

Interesting as always, Nic!