Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Monday, March 12, 2007

Ask Nic Answers

Ok, so as promised, here are the answers for the Ask Nic post I did two weeks ago. My apologies for the tardiness of getting them up. My computer has not been cooperating, sadly enough and I've had to re-wipe and re-load everything for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. It's a little time consuming. SIGH! Anyway, I wanted to give a very sincere thanks to my lovely, lovely blogfriends for their questions!

First up is my very, very dear blogfriend of the past 2 years, Jean Luc. He has been just such a fantastic, upbeat, cheerful friend and also is one of my very favorite blogfriends of all time (with a completely engaging and entertaining blog to boot!) and he asked:
What did you want to be when you young?
Oh without a question I wanted to be a mother. I didn't want to be a doctor, or a rodeo girl or a movie star – ok, well, there was the occasional princess fantasy, but really what I wanted more than anything was to be a mommy. I am blessed beyond measure by my daughter b/c not only did she fulfill my childhood dream but she is exactly what God knew I needed in my life. I could not ask for a more loving, pure-hearted, little girl.

A newer friend of mine that I met through the Christian Women Online writing exercise I do most every Tuesday, Laurel Wreath, is such a sweet, compassionate, joyful heart and a true comfort in many ways and she wanted to know:
What do you feel is/was your biggest accomplishment in life (so far)?
Wow, that is not an easy answer as there are a couple of them for different reasons. First and foremost, my daughter, hands down – and second one that goes hand-in-hand with the first is struggling through this difficult single parenting life as a Christian mother with a strong set of morals, ethics and beliefs that I try to pass on and use to counteract the negative influences that she comes across every day is not easy, but thankfully, she has absorbed a great deal of what I have taught her so far about the Christian life and the heritage we have in Christ and the life that He wants us to lead as opposed to what she is getting...elsewhere and being taught that lifestyle and living situation is "normal", when it isn't. It's tough to try and counteract a lot of the influence she is getting on the other side of things when she's not at school or home with me, but, by the Grace of GOD she is soaking it up like a sponge and is spiritually more aware than most adults I know – then again, don't kids usually understand the most basic truths when we, as adults, try to make the basic become the complicated until we no longer recognize it?

And finally, my very wonderful friend Michael Manning, a man who is such an encourager, is such a treasure trove of information and is a completely fascinating person to boot, was curious as to:
...I wondered what makes you laugh?
I try and find humor in everything if I can. I love to laugh. To me, laughter is life, seriously. I can not imagine living without laughing. Laughter can brighten a room and lighten a heart. It is a healer in many ways. It has been scientifically proven to release certain endorphins that counteract the negative and harmful effects of many diseases and stress. I like to laugh at silly stuff, a good comedy/comedian(ne), a funny joke, witty banter and bad clichés. I love to laugh with other people and Emily frequently makes me laugh by her actions and/or statements. She is SO the drama queen and many things have a flair of the exaggerated.

Thank you all for participating in the Ask Nic! I will have another one up this week sometime for some more interactive fun. :)

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Glad to know you got just what you want when you grew up, Nic!

Lori said...

Nic I have enjoyed reading these and getting to know you better. You should be proud you are a great Mommy and doing a wonderful job.

Blessings.