Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sickness abounds

UGH! I've been sick since Saturday evening with sinus and chest congestion, which turned into a nasty cough and a sinus and ear infection which threw my equilibrium to squat (no driving for me) and makes my left ear feel very sensitive and like it's stuffed with cotton and my right ear feel either like an icepic is stabbing at it or it's going to pop from the pressure. I'm running a fever too that is ranging between 101.0-102.1, but instead of being all burning up I'm cold and clammy and sweaty. Why is my skin cold while I'm running a fever and sweating? That one eludes me. Oh, what a lovely picture. NOT! I feel like caca with a nose that is running like a faucet, even though it's so stuffed that I can't clear it adequately. I don't mean to complain, really I don't, but I haven't felt this bad in a long time. I feel like I've been hit by a truck - and my back isn't really any much better from last week.

Even more than feeling bad you want to know what the worst part is? I can't be at work. Is that sick or what? But here's the thing. We are so busy at work and I hate to leave Rebecca hanging. I feel guilty as hell even though I am legitimately sick. There's so much to do there and I would rather be there working than here in bed feeling like crap, sneezing and coughing and snotting all over the place. If I could drive any distance, I would be there at work, but I can barely even walk straight. SIGH. Good thing my doctor's office is less than a mile from me. I should be able to make it there and back. The earliest appointment he had was a 5:15 today so I'll be going there and hopefully getting antibiotics for this junk and be back to work tomorrow.

Ok, enough venting for today. Sorry to do that to you but I needed to get it out. I'm going to lay back down now b/c even being up for a few minutes is wearing me out.

2 comments:

cmhl said...

I hope you are feeling better SOON!!!

and, thank you for your sweet note on my blog--- that really struck me, and really hit home. You are exactly right. Thank you so much for taking the time for trying to help me, even though I'm sure it is unpleasant for you to relive some of the nastiness. hang in tehre girl, and feel BETTER!

Mike Jones said...

Ugh! Dizziness is the worst, in my book. I get vertigo every now and then, which throws my equilibrium into a tither. No driving, barely any walking, and certainly no head-turning.

Hope you get better soon.