Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Today was an unexpected day

Well, I talked to Matt last night and he wanted to know why I was ignoring him. I explained to him that if he insisted on continuing contact with her then he would have no contact with me except to discuss our daughter. He then said that he had thought of asking me to a movie tomorrow. He always does this. Tries to make me feel guilty for having this righteous anger about the situation. But I'm not backing down. And it seems that when I don't back down, then he suddenly starts to get his act together. I don't want to have to be a harda$$ all the time to get him to start acting like a husband should. OK, so on to today...

I ended up going to see "Constantine" with Matt. It was pretty good. Different, but good. So, we get in there and he takes my hand and holds it through the entire movie. So, I decide to ask him if he wants to come with me to the outlet mall to look for shoes for my interview on Monday. I was expecting him to say no. But he said yes. He had to fix a flat on his car, so I waited while he did that in the movie theater parking lot. It was pretty cool b/c he has a portable air compressor. So, him being the manly man that he is (6'3" and 215ish) went shoe shopping with me. Not one fight. Not one tense moment. Not one bad incident. It was...blissfully stress-free. We haven't had a day like that in years, I kid you not. No phone interruptions, except for my mom calling once. No text messages behind my back. Nothing at all to detract from the day. Matt really made an effort today to have it be a good day and it paid off. We're going to start having dates once a week. At least. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping for the best. Doesn't mean I'll get it, but I can at least hope for it.

1 comment:

Lois Lane said...

It's hard for guys to see that the grass on the other side has weeds. Although different from the "weeds" he may feel he has at home, they are weeds nonetheless.
I will keep you two in my best thoughts and hope a resolution comes forward before he gets "crab grass" from being on the other side. ;)
Lois Lane