Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Monday, July 26, 2010

Miracle Monday for July 26



God is good ALL the time!

I just have to write a quick note about how God has blessed us today.

We are moving essentially two households this weekend. Moving stuff out of and around in my mom's house to make room for our stuff. Yesterday two good friends contacted us out of the blue to ask if we needed help moving this weekend. At that point it was going to have been Oscar, my mom and myself moving. THEN, one of my best friends shot me a message this morning that she, her kids, her sister and a mutual friend were available to help around 1:30-2ish. Talk about a real blessing they all are!

We needed to have a moving truck from Thursday to Sunday and, wouldn't you know it? ALL the trucks are sold out for anything longer than a 6-8 hours period, unless we wanted to pay upwards of $60/day after all is said and done for a truck from a different company. Something about this being the busiest weekend of the year for moving, blah, blah, blah. I guess it has something to do with the college kids, since Austin is SUCH a college town. It was a definite Kevin Fowler "# (Pound) Sign" song kind of moment – for those of you who don't know the song, the main point of it is this:

Just in case there might be
Little ears around
I won't say it
I'll just spell it out

I feel like pound-sign, question mark
Star, exclamation point
Don't give a blank
And a whole lot of other

Choice words I can't say
Today I feel like
Pound-sign, question mark
Star, exclamation point

So I posted a little vent about it on my FB status and within 10 minutes the wife of Oscar's very first foreman emailed me to say that they had a horse trailer that we were welcome to use! BONUS! So, now we have one horse trailer and 6 trucks to move and do storage in on Saturday, plus the help of 7 other people aside from me, my mom and Oscar.

God works in mysterious ways, so we're using the money we saved in not renting a moving truck to buy BBQ and drinks for all of those who are helping us, including the friends who gave us use of the trailer

A true miracle that we needed! My friends are the absolute best ever and I am thankful every day they are in my life! ♥

God is so good
God is so good
God is so good
He's so good to me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How awesome that you could see God's hand moving in the midst of the moving chaos. Good luck! (www.onthegochristianwoman.com)