Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Truthful Tuesday for January 19, 2010



So, from time to time I write what is called a Truthful Tuesday post to where I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I make it about whatever I want, but usually the topic is not easy. Telling the truth rarely is.

This week the topic is . . . DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNN . . . about . . . pro . . . dooo-dooo-dooooo . . . what is that? . . . ah yes, the topic is about procrastination. Of which I am the MASTER of. And it frustrates the heck out of me, but I never seem to find motivation to get things done until the last minute. Then I do things really quick and usually REALLY well. But there have been times it's come around to bite me in the no-no spot. This particularly affects the house. "Oh, I'll wash dishes tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight." And the next thing you know . . . it's a week later with a week's worth of dishes to do and by then I REALLY have no motivation to do them. "Oh, I'll get to the laundry tomorrow." And then tomorrow comes and Emily has a project she needs help with or Nate just really wants to do that baby snuggle or Oscar finds an interesting show and here comes Friday and I'm scrounging for clean clothes to wear. It's gotten to the point where I really don't even want people to come over. Of course it doesn't help that I seem to be the only one even trying to pick things up around the house and it's stretching my limits. My darling, dearest (female) friend at work thinks that I am Superwoman with everything that I do, and to an extent, yes, that is true, but I could be even MORE super if I could just get my shhhhhtuff together. LOL!

I think I'm going to try doing FlyLady to help out with everything. It's completely FREE and from what I've heard her program is great! Hopefully it will get me off my procrastinating butt and get me on the road to a cleaner house and more de-cluttered life and I can work on the other areas of my procrastination baby steps at a time. Wish me luck!



HAPPY TWO MONTHS OLD MY LITTLE MAN! MOMMY LOVES YOU SO MUCH!

1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I know I am always procrastinating!