Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I listen to the sound of the rain fallin' down my window
Praying for a gentle wind...
~Celine Dion


So, the rain is pouring down here in Austin. I'm looking out the sliding glass door that faces the back yard, watching the lightening brighten the night in shades of purple and white, seeing the rain pour off the edge of the roof in a silver stream...plugging my ears after the more violent lightening strikes b/c I HATE loud cracking thunder. Have since I was a child and still do to this day. Low rolling thunder is good, heavy rumbles aren't too bad, but the cracks that split the night with their sharpness to the point where they make you cringe or jump, yeah, hate it.

So, it's been a while (since January) that I've done a Thankful Thursday/1000 Gifts post and, frankly, it seems like things to be thankful for - other than the same daily stuff - have been few and far between lately. But, in order to focus on the good, you have to stop looking at the bad and today I am in need of a HUGE dose of thankfulness to just pull me up out of the doldrums so here is this week's Thankful Thursday/1000 Gifts post.



~1 Thessalonians 5:18~ Give thanks to God in all circumstances (no matter what they may be), for this is God's will for you (who are) in Christ Jesus.

My Peace I Leave With You



Thankful Thursday: What Nic is thankful for this week


My cousin Lisa who has become one of the most amazing, truly transformed Christian woman. Not only is she the closest cousin to my age and my favorite cousin (out of over 40 cousins) and always has been but she has become someone I trust implicitly to be able to give me truly Godly advice. I have become so appreciative of her.
Friends who make you laugh and who are always willing to dance with you.
Sleep blessed sleep - which has been in short supply lately.
The ability to be a mother b/c being a mother gives my life purpose. Most of everything I do, I do for Em.
Good food and plenty of it when millions in the world go without for days and weeks.
Getting fit in a fun way that also teaches me to defend myself and my loved ones.

(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)


Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!



1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Blogfriends, who one can talk to always when you need them

http://jlpicard.blogspot.com/