Wise Words

"Wait on the Lord, be strong and of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart...wait on the Lord. Psalms 27:14

Translation/Search



CLICK FLAGS FOR PAGE TRANSLATION OPTIONS
Google
WWW As My World Turns

Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday's Feast

Ugh, so I had to wipe my entire computer and reload everything. Backing up the files was a PITA because I have so much stuff on my computer. I'm STILL trying to re-load everything. SIGH! My computer started getting wonky and even with antivirus protection I think something got to it b/c even the system restore would no longer work.

On a plus, I'm going to my first crawfish boil tonight. There's a little restaurant in Drippin' (Dripping Springs) where the owner was forced out of NOLA from Katrina and he settled in a small town just outside of Austin. Apparently he had a restauraun in NOLA. My divorce lawyer (who had become good friends of the family) has invited my mom, Emily and myself out there with his family tonight to the first crawfish boil out there. I've never had crawfish so this is going to be an experience. I'll take pictures if I can remember.

Happy freezing Friday - It's cold outside.

Appetizer
What sound, other than the normal ringing, would you like your telephone to make?

Silence b/c the telemarketers have fallen off the face of the earth. Kid you not, I come home and have at least 20 calls during the day from them on my caller ID.

Soup
Describe your usual disposition in meteorological terms (partly cloudy, sunny, stormy, etc.).

Bright and Sunny

Salad
What specific subject do you feel you know better than any other subjects?

I can't even choose that one. I have so much knowledge about so many things with current/past events, political, history and the creative arts. I can't pick just one. I am a well rounded person and usually never lack for conversation on any topic.

Main Course
Imagine you were given the ability to remember everything you read for one entire day. Which books/magazines/newspapers would you choose to read?

Anything that has to do with playing the stock market, first aid/survival skills, the Omega Letter (website I am part of), the Bible among many other things. Since I'm a speed reader, chances are I'd be able to get a good chunk of it in too.

Dessert
If a popular candy maker contacted you to create their next confection, what would it be like and what would you name it?

The perfect candy confection has already been made - it's called cotton candy.

2 comments:

greatwhitebear said...

I love Crawdad's!Former Detroit Pistons star Joe Dumars and his mother have a restaurant indetroit that specializes in Creole cooking. they have a shrimp boil on Friday night, and a Crawdad boil (in season) on Saturday night. both are to die for.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I sympathise with your computer problem; that would be a major nerve jangler.