For 2007 I resolve:
1. To be more responsible - I am a responsible person, but there are areas in my life that could use some help.
2. To have more fun. This past year was a year that I would never want to repeat - though I learned and grew a lot, it was through a lot of heartache and disappointment. This year I resolve to have more fun.
3. To get out more. This kind of goes hand in hand with #2, however, I am mostly a homebody and I have a tendencey to sit at home unless someone - most usually MC - drags me out. I resolve to get out more on my own and do things I want to do even if I have to do it on my own.
4. To get that massage - heck to just get A massage.
5. To open my life to the possibility of love. I may not find it this year, but that doesn't mean I have to be afraid of it any longer or give half effort on it.
6. To be more open to criticism. I have a very hard time listening to anything negative said about me. But I have to realize that these points usually are well-meaning and meant to try and improve myself.
7. To be less cluttered. Yes, I admit - I am NOT a neat freak. I resolve to do a better job of keeping pace with my clutter.
8. To get rid of some older clothes that I have been hanging on to - just in case. You think that would be easy but you don't know me very well.
9. To lose another 20 or more pounds and STICK with working out. Yeah, I have to force myself to work out - which is why I haven't done it in so long, but walking so much at the Trail of Lights really did wonders for me, physically, mentally and emotionally so I signed up at a little weight room at a rec center about 5 minutes from my place to really target the areas that need help. I have incentive to do this.
10. To stop dwelling on the past - yes this was part of my resolution last year that is carrying over to this year. I can't make a life for myself for the future if I can't let go of certain parts of the past.
11. To increase my self esteem. Honestly - I have very little. I don't have a good self image so that is what #9 is about.
12. To become the woman of God that I know I can become but yet am still a bit hesitant to step out on that limb and do it.
13. To be a better mother, daughter and friend rather than just being complacent and keeping things status quo - in other words, be a more proactive person in my relationships.
14. To continue to see the glass as half full - this past year the optomism that I am famous for almost slipped under. These past few years have really done a number on me but I am starting to see the light ahead and it isn't an oncoming train.
15. To try and stop wearing my heart on my sleeve as much. I am an open book and I trust people way too easily so therefore I get hurt too easily and get taken advantage of too easily. I need to have more backbone.
16. To volunteer more. I had such a wonderful time at the Trail of Lights this year and I am resolving to volunteer more and even get my amateur radio license and get more first aid training to help in my volunteer capacity.
17. To STOP getting in God's way. I have to remember that God is in control of my life. If He's my co-pilot, I need to switch seats b/c He should be THE pilot.
18. To reach out more to others who have been in my situation or are in my situation regarding a broken marriage. I have a lot to give, I just need to find the avenue in which to channel it.
19. To stop swearing so much. Yes, shocker! I don't do it around Emily, but get me in traffic with stupid drivers and I don't do so good. Get me frustrated and I don't do so good. Get me angry and it is very hard for me to not just unleash my mouth. Most times I am the only example of a Christian person that anyone will ever see. I should live my life as such.
20. To remember that work IS NOT my priority, but rather that my family and friends are.
21. To find peace in the midst of the chaos that is this world and my life.
22. To worry LESS and enjoy MORE. Enjoy Emily more, enjoy life more, enjoy my friends and family more, enjoy myself more.
I'm sure there will be many more to come, but those are my thoughts for right now. MC is not up for going out tonight but that isn't stopping me tonight. I'm going to this little dance hall to watch a band and maybe do some boot-scootin' and catch up with old friends. Who knows what tonight will bring, but it will be the beginning of a new year, new times, new experiences and a new me. Ok, not a new me but a better me inside and out.
May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ............
May 2007 be the best year of your life!!!